- New Zealand’s total online spending was very strong in September, with spending up 13% on September last year.
- Online purchases at domestic merchants were up 9% on last September, and online purchases at offshore merchants were up 20%.
- Stand out major categories this month were Electrical and Electronic goods, Computers and Peripherals, and Other Specialised Food. Spending in each of these categories was up by more than 20% on September 2013.
- The softening in the NZ dollar over July-August makes international goods more expensive in NZD terms. However, the solid rise in online spending at offshore retailers in September suggests that, for now at least, kiwis are not being discouraged by the extra cost.
- Special feature: Age group analysis.