- Highlights of this months report include:
- Another solid month for growth in NZ online shopping, with total spending in February up 11% on February last year.
- Spending at international merchants was up 12% year-on-year and spending at domestic retailers up 10%.
- Annual online spending across the retail categories we cover is now estimated at $4.2 billion (excl GST). This is equivalent to 7.6% of total retail sales reported in Statistics NZ's Retail Trade Series.
- 44% of annual online spending was at offshore sellers.
- Sales of Computers and Entertainment Media goods were very strong at international sites in February. At domestic online retailers, sales of Food, Clothing and Electronic goods all showed solid year-on-year growth.
Download full report (pdf 552KB)